Re: Risk with Am241/Be source?

Bill,

Thank you for the info. I will look for Amersham (which I know
about from biochemistry). I assume the RBE-factor (Q) must be at
least 10 (right?). There are several subtopics: 1. The
neutron yield (per decay of Am 241), 2. The distribution of
neutron energies (I assume after your response that the neutrons
"as an average" can be treated as being at least above 1 MeV as
23% is below 1.5 MeV). 3. And then the RBE of course as already
commented.

Bjorn Cedervall
PS. All opinions, judgements etc that I express in this
forum are strictly mine.