Re: Airport X-rays & Computers

William,
Speaking from the radiation testing side of my job, the likelyhood of such
a small dose hurting a chip in a printer is so small I'd fall down laughing
if it weren't some tech support guy trying to skip on fixing a defective
unit for you.  I hate people that cry radiation damage for equipment like
this, makes me itch.  If you need me to scream at the H(igh)P(rice) people
for being brainless, let me know, I need some stress relief.  If anything
else goes wrong today (and I'm supposed to leave now for an appointment)
somebody is going to get seriously injured.  Then I can put my CPR and
First Aid Training to good use.  (Now tie the turniquite firmly about the
neck...)  Let me know what you need, I'll be back in tomorrow afternoon.

Scott Kniffin

mailto:Scott.D.Kniffin.1@gsfc.nasa.gov
RSO, Unisys Corp. @ Lanham, MD
CHO, Radiation Effects Facility, GSFC, NASA, Greenbelt, MD

The opinions expressed here are my own.  They do not necessarily represent
the views of Unisys Corporation or NASA.  This information has not been
reviewed by my employer or supervisor.