Re: carcinogenic properties of dark matter

>Any idea as to the definition of dark matter in this example?  If they mean
>dark matter as in the "missing mass" of the universe from the big bang, I'd
>say it's a joke or an excessive use of non-lawful recreational
>pharmaceuticals.  If there is a different definition of dark matter, I'll
>gladly wait to be enlightened and spread the good word (what ever that
>might be).

I get the impression they're talking about the missing mass dark matter.  I
know of some speculation that the missing mass may, in part, consist of
neutrinos (assuming they have mass), but I don't know that even neutrinos
interact enough to cause cancer, let alone clump together in space.
Actually, as an astronomer friend of mine points out, "missing mass" is a
misnomer; there's plenty of mass, what we're missing is the light from it.
In any event, I tend to agree with your second possibility.

Andy

The opinions expressed above are well-reasoned and insightful.  Needless to
say, they are not those of my employer. (with apologies to Michael Feldman)

Andrew Karam, MS, CHP					(614) 292-1284 (phone)
The Ohio State University 					(614) 292-7002 (fax)
Office of Radiation Safety					"The mind is not a vessel to
1314 Kinnear Road						be filled but a fire to be
Columbus, OH  43212						lighted." (Plutarch)
(karam.1@osu.edu)