Re: EDE from FDG

Karin

I advise caution in the use of the effective dose (ICRP 60). All of the
regulatory agencies, of which I'm aware, are still using the effective dose
equivalent (ICRP 26). If you had to assess a misadministration in Nuc Med, I
think that you'd want to be using the weighting factors in the regs. Beyond
that, there's simply the question of all of us being as consistent as we can
in these matters, for a host of (hopefully) obvious reasons.

chris alston
alstonc@odrge.odr.georgetown.edu