Re: Radiation doses from coal

There have been scientific articles published on this topic since
the late 70s to the best of my momory.  You can find an article on
this topic from a couple of years ago at the following URL:

http://www.ornl.gov/ORNLReview/rev26-34/text/colmain.html

Another reference:

J. O. Corbett, "The Radiation Dose From Coal Burning: A Review of
Pathways and Data," Radiation Protection Dosimetry, 4 (1): 5-19.

Mike Baker

P.S.  On another topic, I noticed that the June 1998 issue of
Popular Science has a rather supportive short article on food
irradiation.  No new information but it is a nice source of info
written for the general public.

Michael C. Baker, Ph.D.            Safeguards Science and Technology
                                   Nonproliferation and International
                                           Security Division
email:  mcbaker@lanl.gov             Los Alamos National Laboratory
Phone:  (505) 667-7334               P.O. Box 1663, Mail Stop E540
Fax:    (505) 665-4433                 Los Alamos, NM 87545 (USA)