Re[4]: U-238 in Groundwater

Subject: Re: Re[2]: U-238 in Groundwater
From:    Franz Schoenhofer <schoenho@via.at> at Internet
Date:    19/5/98  9:18 AM

>This is rather close to the WHO guidelines and recommendations. The
>difference is that the WHO recommends 1 Bq/l for gross beta. What about
>radon? 0.1mSv/a from radon in water is easily achieved from most water
>supplies.

Hi Franz

The guideline value for Radon is 100Bq per liter.

Did I
>>mention that the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines are under review, and I
>>believe they are moving away from specifying individual radionuke levels, and
>>towards critical group dose estimation???

>More information about this might not only be of interest to me, but also
to other RADSAFERs.

Well, it appears that my above statement is incorrect. The Australian guidelines
for marine and fresh waters are under review, NOT the drinking water standards.

Cheers

Alex Zapantis
Health Physicist
Supervising Scientist Group

Email : alex.zapantis@ea.gov.au
Fax : (int+) 61 2  6217 2060
Phone: (int+) 61 2 6217 2037

PO Box E305
Kingston ACT 2604
AUSTRALIA

The Supervising Scientist Group is Part of Environment Australia