Experiences that justify instructing non-radiation workers

Dear Radsafers,

I am preparing a presentation on the communication of radiological
hazards to non-radiation workers (custodians, public safety personnel,
etc).

I am interested in obtaining information about any events (such as
accidents, NOVs, etc.) that could have been prevented if proper
instruction had been provided to non-radiation workers.  One example I
am aware of happened at an institution where a custodian threw away a
box containing source material, which resulted in a violation.

The objective of this work is not to put any individual or institution
in the spot (there is NO need to mention names).

I just want to use some good examples to help justify the need for such
instruction.

Please reply to me directly.  Once the information is compiled, I will
share it with the rest of the Radsafe community.

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

 -Rene

Rene Michel
Health Physicist