Re: UV flux at Earth's surface

Solar UV monitoring sites have been operated for some time at various
locations around the world.  Some that I know about are:

National Radiological Protection Board (NRPB) - Chilton, Oxfordshire, England

Website:   http://nrpb.org.uk/Uv-prog.htm

Daily solar UV index is available on this site and their is a designated
contact person for further information.

Australian Radiation Laboratory

Website: http://health.gov.au/arl

Their is a network of monitoring stations throughout Australia and some
information about daily and long-term trends is available on the site,
again with a contact for further information.

New Zealand, National Institutes of Water and Atmospheric Research (NIWA) -
Lauder Institute

Website: http://www.niwa.cri.nz/lauder/homepg07.htm

Information from a network of monitoring stations in New Zealand is
gathered.  Some data is available on the site and there is a specified

At 09:35 AM 5/20/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Does anyone know where I can find  values for measured UV flux  at the
>Earth's surface? I'm interested in trends over time, say the past fifty
>years or so. Do such data exist?

>Clayton Bradt<raldrich@emi.com>        phone: 518/457-1202
>Assoc. Radiophysicist                         fax:      518/457-5545
>NYS Dept. of Labor
>Radiological Health Unit
>Blg.12, Rm 134A
>State Office Campus
>Albany, NY 12240

Eric Cowdrey
Radiation Protection Officer
Department of Medical Physics
Manitoba Cancer Treatment and Research Foundation
100 Olivia Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba  R3E 0V9
CANADA

Telephone: (204) 787-2166/4145