Re: Sodium Iodide

While I don't have any suggestions for alternative suppliers in this case,
I might comment that, to my knowledge, Nordion staff are not actually on
strike.  The strike is at the AECL Chalk River location, where the isotopes
are initially produced in the NRU reactor, and then sent for subsequent
processing at the separately owned Nordion facility.

At 11:58 AM 5/20/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Good morning:
>
>In light of the strike at Nordion International, does anyone out there know
>of other companies that could supply  Sodium Iodide solution (~100-250
>mCi/ml) on short notice. I'm sure there are a few of us in the same boat.
>Thanks in advance!
>

>Rich Sobilo
>Radiation Safety Officer
>Beckman/Coulter
>rjsobilo@beckman.com

Eric Cowdrey
Radiation Protection Officer
Department of Medical Physics
Manitoba Cancer Treatment and Research Foundation
100 Olivia Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba  R3E 0V9
CANADA

Telephone: (204) 787-2166/4145