Re: Tl-201 contaminated by Tl-202 -Reply

Eric,

At our plant, we get about 1person/month receiving Tl-201 (and Tl-202).
When interviewing the people, they tell me that the Dr. said it will be gone
in a few days.  I inform them that the Tl-201 will, but they will continue to
alarm our portal monitors coming into the plant for the next FIVE WEEKS
due to Tl-202.

We made a little laminated card to give these individuals with
some DO'S and DONT'S while at the plant.  This helps reduce the number
of alarms caused by walking through portal monitors and using rest
rooms.

See Health Physics Vol. 61 No. 3  pp 427-430, 1991for information on
nuclear medicine radionuclides and potential contaminants.

Matt Williamson
Indian Point Unit 3
williamson.m@nypa.gov