More Questions from 10 CFR 30

Hello Radsafers,

Almost all the questions I have about byproduct material
(per 10 CFR 30.71) have been answered with exception to the
following:

1) Can anyone explain why the Schedule A and Schedule B
	tables (10 CFR 30.70 and 30.71, respectively) do not
	match? Intuitively, I would think that these two
	tables would have the same list of isotopes. However,
	12 isotopes are listed in "A" but not in "B", and 31
	isotopes are found in "B" but not in "A".

2) The following isotopes are listed in Schedule B, but I am
	not familiar with their use/origin. Can anyone explain
	why Sc-48, Ag-105, I-125 and I-126 are included in 30.71?

I would greatly appreciate any insight on these two points. I've
been trying to understand the exact definition of byproduct material
and discover the origin of the Schedules provided in 10 CFR 30. If
anyone is interested, I can provide a summary of the information
I've collected so far. Please respond to me personally.

Best Regards,
erik
--
Erik F. Shores