Re: Pakistani answer

At 14:52 05/28/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Bjorn Sandstrom wrote:
>> In case someone has missed the news - Pakistan have answered India's
>> nuclear detonations and earlier today conducted two nuclear tests
>> themselves. --
>
>Now we can all sit back and see what a BRILLIANT strategy nuclear
>deterrence and M(utually) A(ssured) D(estruction) were.
>
>It's nice to be on the sidelines rather than at ground zero.
>--
>Chris Hawkins
>Radiation Oncology
>Guthrie Clinic - RPH
>Sayre, PA   18840
>717.882.4048/5166(fax)
>mailto:chawkins@inet.guthrie.org

I hate being a spoil sport, but don't bet on it.  I know I'm mixing up my
eastern religions, (I just can't remember anymore) but one of the two
(Hindu or Muslim) has some prophesy about vanquishing all enemies and
something about cleansing in a holy fire.  Oh boy.  If I thought of it (and
I'm about as far from eastern as a guy can get) the super fanatics already
did.  Now where'd I put that info for the bomb shelter company and surplus
rate meter?  Begin preparing for the worst, hope for the best.  Espically
with stupid statements like the Indian Prime Minister actually said that he
now felt vindicated for setting off his nukes.  And people actually wonder
why I slap my head and walk away muttering to myself.  To think I felt bad
today because the wiring went in one of my ancient rate meters and made one
of my techs come to me in a panic because he had 2,000mr/hr in the hall
outside the lab.  *Sigh*  (Slap head, walk away muttering)

Scott Kniffin

mailto:Scott.D.Kniffin.1@gsfc.nasa.gov
RSO, Unisys Corp. @ Lanham, MD
CHO, Radiation Effects Facility, GSFC, NASA, Greenbelt, MD

The opinions expressed here are my own.  They do not necessarily represent
the views of Unisys Corporation or NASA.  This information has not been
reviewed by my employer or supervisor.