Dwarfing Chernobyl

Chris, You obviously are thinking of some other planet.  If you had been a
veteran of the Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Warfare training, you would
know just how small an earth this really is.  Nuclear Winter can become
global if China would join the "Mutually Assured Destruction" that an
exchange of surface weapons launched by these two countries that have
historically been at each other's throats for the historical reason of
religious differences.  Amazing how we as a species have not learned
anything.  Northern Ireland is just now hoping to resolve 20 years of
Protestants and Catholics killing each other (and a few young brits who
were in between them), just like Bosnia, Iran/Iraq, Christian/Muslim
Crusaders and the list of religious conflicts goes on and on in history.
If we upgrade the toys to nuclear, no one, Chris, will "be on the
sidelines" but we will all suffer along with a few generations of
survivors.
 > > Bjorn Sandstrom wrote:
> > Pakistan's have detonated 5 underground tests to answer India's
> > nuclear detonations of two weeks ago... --
> Chris Hawkins wrote:
> Now we can all sit back and see what a BRILLIANT strategy nuclear
> deterrence and M(utually) A(ssured) D(estruction) were.
>
> It's nice to be on the sidelines rather than at ground zero.
> --
> Chris Hawkins
> Radiation Oncology
> Guthrie Clinic - RPH