Re: India/Pakistan

To all,

Having recently spent 3 months in India, I would like to recommend a book
that will give you some idea of the love lost between the two countries.
Check out "Freedom at Midnight" to gain a historical understanding of the
creation of India and Pakistan in 1949, and the problems perpetuated by
their creation.  It was estimated that nearly a million people were
brutally killed (I guess the term "brutally killed" is redundant, but that
describes what went on) when the country was divided.  Unfortunately there
is _CONSIDERABLE_ love lost between the two who are at this moment in a low
level conflict in Kashmir.  Hopefully this will not escallate.

Sorry if this is a little off topic.  Let's hope it stays that way.

Rob

rjgunter@icnpharm.com