Re: Dwarfing Chernobyl

Glenn Carlson said the following:

> Also, RADSAFE is an unlikely source for the common condemnation you seek.
> Too many radsafers make their livings promoting, supporting, designing,
> producing, maintaining, and testing the very weapons you would have them
> condemn and threatening to use them against civilian populations.

With all due respect, I find the above comments quite disturbing. To suggest
that Radsafers as a group consider weapons as a viable entity ... "threatening
to use them against civilian populations" as acceptable is quite insulting.
Perhaps you should visit Radsafe a little more frequently to determine what we
really do think. I thought it was to promote understanding and foster protection
for the populace from ionizing radiation, as well as other forms of radiation. I
didn't know until your comment that a majority of us are still living in the dawn
of the nuclear age, whereby the bomb was the principal focus, and not
protecting the public.

Personal Websites:

http://home.earthlink.net/~sandyfl (backup site)