Re: atmospheric nuclear 'events'

At 08:24 01.06.1998 -0500, you wrote:
>Does anyone have an estimate of the Asian nuclear inventory in comparision
to the inventory of atmospheric experience we already have?  The U.S. and
the old U.S.S.R. set off some pretty big weapons before it all went
underground.  Is there a reason why this experience is not relevent?

>personal musings of the author, and do not represent any past, present,
>or future position of NIST, the U.S. government, or anyone else who might
>think that they are in a position of authority.

>[Lester.Slaback@NIST.GOV]

There is little exchange between air masses of the southern and the
northern hemisphere. Therefore the activity concentrations in air of the
southern hemisphere have been much less than in the northern hemisphere.
Therefore your question would have to be specified.

Regards,

Franz