A Question on Background

Group,
About 1985, I think, I saw a one or two page breakdwon on background.  The
one thing I am pretty sure about was that it included medical x-ray exp-
osure.  It might have been distributed by someone at a Northern Calif.
Chapter of the HPS or maybe it came out of Lawrence Berkeley or Livermore
lab.  I think it gave 100 mrem [1 mSv] as a national average background
in round numbers and it may have referenced increased backbround for Dever.

Does anyone out there know where that might have come from?  I have NCRP
45, 1975 and NCRP 94, 1992 on background and some of the info could have
been based on NCRP 45.

Please respond by initiating a new message to me
at vernig.peter@forum.va.gov unless you are certain that won't go out to
the whole Radsafe Group.

I'm working on a background handout.

Thanks
Peter G. Vernig, VA Medical Center, Denver