Re: A Question on Background

Peter, and radsafers,

Tables indicating typical annual doses to a member of the
general population (I don't regard medical x-ray as a
true "background" source) may be found in the NCRPs
that you mentioned, but also in various versions of the
standardized U.S. DOE radiological training (GERT and
RWT are two particularly good programs for such radiological
fundamentals' issues) on the Web at the RST Home Page at
	http://tis-nt.eh.doe.gov/WPPHM/RST/rst.htm

Good Hunting!

S.,

MikeG.