Re: Safety Questioned at Nuclear Plant -Reply

At 01:37 AM 6/3/98 -0500, you wrote:
>No more trust, this time NU will have to prove it.

That's a very convenient and self-serving pose to take, one that appears at
first glance to be a reasonable "show-me" attitude. But it is inherently
flawed, and, in my opinion, dishonest to insist that someone you mistrust
cannot be permitted to go forward without proving their worthiness, yet to
do so requires that they go forward and do so successfully. Catch-22.
There's nothing wrong with distrust based on experience, and nothing wrong
with a true show-me attitude. When you wrap it up in a Catch-22 idea, it's
intended to prevent them from going worward, which means there's no
intention of ever trusting them, not matter what their behavior. So why not
just say so?

---------
Bob Flood
Dosimetry Group Leader