Re: Emergency Doses Allowed

steve hand schrieb:

> 2.   Rather than use one person in question 1 above, should several
> people be used for a total of .5 or .25 Sv for life saving?  I seem to
> remember reading something about not spreading the dose out anymore to
> several individuals.

Hello Steve,

there were quite a few answers to your first question but none to the
second. So let me try:
I think that according to basic standards it's better to spread
(distribute) the dose on such many people that their normal dose limits
are not violated or, if this is not possible, as low as achievable. But
this finds its limits in an increased collective dose. If one had to
chose between .25 Sv for one person or .15 Sv for each of 3 persons I'm
not sure how I would decide. On the other hand, these considerations are
fairly hypothetic, as when such high dose rates are at hand that these
doses may occur, you probably won't have much time to make up your mind
if you want to save the victim before it's too late.

Greetings, Harald
--
Harald Weiss				weiss@ki.comcity.de
Preetzer Strasse 263			Tel. +49-431-78 59 659