Re: another intentional P-32 misuse incident

I appreciate your skepticism, but does it make any difference?  Even if the
contaminations are self-inflicted, they are still "intentional misuse", with
significant impacts on the licensees, in terms of both regulatory concerns
and
litigation.  Pregnancy was a factor in the NIH and Washington State
University
incidents, but not the MIT incident.  P-32 is a common factor in all of
these.
 It seems to be a means of assuring that the incident is discovered and
creates the maximum possible anxiety, since P-32 is easily detected, while
minimizing the chance of any real injury, since the half life is short.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@detroitedison.com

You wrote:

Not to be a skeptic, but I hope that the investigation also looks at the
husband/wife team as to a possible source of the contamination. Very
coincidental that many of these intentional contaminations involve pregnant
females. A "movie for TV"  would suggest that there is a motive for
financial
compensation for mental stress, due to the pregnancy and all.. The notice
says
there was no internal contamination .. just on the ring dosimeters.  Guess I
am
the skpetic after all!