Subject: Negative Media Coverage
Author:  "Sandy Perle" <sandyfl@earthlink.net> at Internet
Date:    6/5/98 8:49 AM

Last night I was watching Charles Grodin on CNBC and the guests were Ralph Nader
and a lady who had something to do with the US Govt. involved with
transportation (former job).. sorry, can't remember her name. In any event, the
show was about airline safety. In the middle of the broadcast, Nader comes out
with the statement that the public should ask a lot of questions.. and he knows
people who go up to the gate counter and ask to speak to the pilot to verify
that
there is NO radioactive material on board, medical or otherwise. Nader stated
that the public had the right to know how dangerous the plane is. He then
recounted some of the previous Delta medical isotope spills (I was involved in
one back in the early '70s when one of the Delta flights landed at West Palm
Beach, and since I worked for the State of FL Dept. of Health, I had to respond
from the Miami office).. Yes, there was contamination on the passenger's bags,
but BIG deal ...Anyway, Nader likes to rehash and antagonize the public)... I
noted that he didn't seem to care too much about frayed wires running through
gas tanks, or parts of planes falling off. The big issue was radioactive
material...

------------------
Sandy Perle
Technical Director
ICN Dosimetry Division
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Office: (800) 548-5100 x2306
Fax:    (714) 668-3111

sandyfl@earthlink.net
sperle@icnpharm.com

ICN Dosimetry Website:
http://www.dosimetry.com

Personal Website:

              - G. K. Chesterton -

The opinions expressed are solely, absolutely, positively, definitely those of
the author, and NOT my employer