Re: The Truman Show -Reply

Chris --

Boycott? I don't think so ... I'm not sure that a boycott
would affect Paramount all that much ... and to be
honest, I don't know what would. No ... I was just
passing along what I thought to be an interesting
observation ... but if anybody has any ideas about
how to engage the entertainment industry into a
constructive dialog, I'm all ears ...

In answer to your question ... YES. The opening
sequence of Godzilla (yes, I admit it, I'm letting my
12 year old daughter drag me to the movies too
often!) includes old archive footage of Pacific
weapons tests ... with video of lizards watching the
tests superimposed.

By the way, does the NRC really have any "worm
guys", or would they be working for EPA and/or
DOE? <grin>

Jim Hardeman, Manager
Environmental Radiation Program
Environmental Protection Division
Georgia Department of Natural Resources
4244 International Parkway, Suite 114
Atlanta, GA 30354
(404) 362-2675  fax: (404) 362-2653
Jim_Hardeman@mail.dnr.state.ga.us

>>> Chris Hawkins <chawkins@inet.guthrie.org>
06/08/98 08:21 >>>
Jim Hardeman wrote:

> Doesn't seem like we've made much progress
with
> the entertainment industry, does it?

Is this a call for a boycott ??

On a related subject, is the existence of Godzilla still
being attributed to nuclear tests ??

--
Chris Hawkins
Radiation Oncology