The Truman Show -Reply

"Seahaven" = Sea(brook) + (Brook)haven ?  And Millstone is between the Seabrook
Nuclear Power Station and Brookhaven National Lab.

Claude Flory
Northeast Utilities
floryca@gwsmtp.nu.com

>>> Jim Hardeman <Jim_Hardeman@MAIL.DNR.STATE.GA.US> 06/08/98 09:06am >>>
Fellow RADSAFER's ...

My wife, my daughter and I went to see the latest
Jim Carrey movie, "The Truman Show" Saturday
afternoon. In the words of the movie website
(www.trumanshow.com) ... "Every second of every
day, from the moment he was born, for the last thirty
years, Truman Burbank has been the unwitting star
of the longest running, most popular
documentary-soap opera in history. The
picture-perfect town of Seahaven that he calls home
is actually a gigantic soundstage. Truman's friends
and family - everyone he meets, in fact - are actors.
He lives every moment under the unblinking gaze of
thousands of hidden TV cameras."

Not to give away the plot, but during the movie,
Truman tries to escape the soundstage ... during
one attempt his efforts are thwarted by, among
other things, a "leak" at the "Seahaven Nuclear
Plant". When Truman and his "wife" are stopped
near the gate to the plant and advised by a
"policeman" that there's a leak at the plant and that
"this whole area is being evacuated", Truman jumps
out of his car and runs through the woods, only to be
wrestled to the ground by silver-moon-suited
geiger-counter wielding "technicians" ...

When he is returned home, a police officer informs
his "wife" that "he's lucky to be alive".

Doesn't seem like we've made much progress with
the entertainment industry, does it?

Jim Hardeman, Manager
Environmental Radiation Program
Environmental Protection Division