Re: Thorium Nitrate Free to a good home

At 22:26 09.06.1998 -0500, you wrote:
>We have come across some unopened shipping boxes containing small bottles
>(100 gram) of Thorium Nitrate.  If anyone has a need for this material, it
>is available.
>
>John McCormick
>800-578-6513
>J_McCormick_Bionomics@msn.com

Just a hint: If it were very old thorium nitrate, refined a long time ago
(50 years or so) this would be a treasure, because it would then be in
equilibrium with Ra-228 and could be used as a standard for it. Such old
thorium has been sold some time ago by a company at very high price. I
myself have enough old thorium salts.

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
Austria
Tel.: +43-1-495 53 08
Fax.: same number
mobile phone: +43-664-338 0 333
e-mail: schoenho@via.at

Office:
Federal Institute for Food Control and Research
Department of Radiochemistry
Kinderspitalg. 15
A-1095 Vienna
Austria