Re: tritium oxidation rates

Jean-Francois, Stephane wrote:

> ...I was thinking about a bubbler system for HTO and an
> oxidizing mechanism (heated precious metal catalyst like palladium ?) to
> transform HT into HTO and then run throught the bubbler...

According to Okada and Momoshima, Health Physics Volume 65, #6, page 600,
elemental tritium forms HTO in dry air in the presence of platinum  at a rate of
only 1.1% per day.  In moist air in the presence of platinum, it increases to
28% per day.  Keep this in mind if you decide to do that.

Scott
--

Scott O. Schwahn, CHP
schwahn@jlab.org