Re: tritium oxidation rates

At 10:07 11.06.1998 -0500, you wrote:
>Jean-Francois, Stephane wrote:
>According to Okada and Momoshima, Health Physics Volume 65, #6, page 600,
>elemental tritium forms HTO in dry air in the presence of platinum  at a
rate of
>only 1.1% per day.  In moist air in the presence of platinum, it increases to
>28% per day.  Keep this in mind if you decide to do that.

I suppose that the 1.1% is for cold platinum? (Sorry I am at home and do
not have our Health Physics at hand.) If yes, what would the rate of a
heated catalyst be, as proposed in the original message?

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
Austria
Tel.: +43-1-495 53 08
Fax.: same number
mobile phone: +43-664-338 0 333
e-mail: schoenho@via.at

Office:
Federal Institute for Food Control and Research
Department of Radiochemistry
Kinderspitalg. 15
A-1095 Vienna
Austria