lead bricks for sale

Radsafers:

Our Geology department has a lead cave and NaI detectors which must be moved
by July first as part of a remodeling project. I can't tell you how many
bricks there are, but they estimate 10,000 pounds (that would be 300-400
bricks). I suspect, from their age and use, that the bricks are pre-WWII
low-background. Our small EHS department already has a cave. We aren't
interested in moving all those bricks. Geology wants to know (by today if
possible):

How much is low-background lead worth? The local salvage yard will pay them
30 dollars per ton for high grade lead. I told Geology to hold out for a
higher bidder.

Is anybody interested in working out a purchase/ transportation transaction?
We don't want to get in the business of doling out brick by brick. We'd
rather sell the whole batch.

Our office will perform surveys and wipe-tests on the bricks next week, so
by then I may know more. I can find out more information about the
detectors.

Please respond directly to me:

Jim Herrold, RSO
Herrold@uwyo.edu <mailto:Herrold@uwyo.edu>