Re: check source for ion chamber

Mauro Campoleoni wrote:

> Hi to all Radsafers.
>
> I'm finally deciding to find a check source for a Victoreen 450 P-SI
> Ionization chamber. I think that a Sr90 one could be OK.
> Does anybody have any experience?
>
> Thanks, Mauro

> Mauro Campoleoni
> Health Physicist
> Istituti Clinici di Perfezionamento
> Milan, Italy, tel. +35 +2 +57992166

All you really need is one of those <10 uCi Cs-137 sources and a mark
(with magic marker) on the mylar window/plastic case.  You can get some
pretty high readings off the Cs-137 button due to the beta component.
Since you are looking only for a contancy reading these little sources
work just fine. The best part (at least in U.S.) is that you need no
license for these little sources and they are cheap.
--
Bob Carlson
Medical Physics Consultant

My opinions are just that - mine!