RE: current Cs-137 event

At 21:00 12.06.1998 +0200, you wrote:
>Dear colleague,
>
>Unofficial information spot the place of the Cs-137 release in the south of
>Spain (Algesiras/ Gibaltrar Strait) where a combustion of a Cs source took
>place in an steel mills.
>
>Please wait for the official notification before releasing  this information
>

>Dominique Calmet

Todays "Kronenzeitung" had a small message, which I translate:

"Cesium-Incident

Radioactive cloud came from Spain

Madrid.- The radioactive cloud, which was detected between May 25 and June
2 in France, Italy, Switzerland and Germany originated obviously in
Southern Spain. The National Radiation Protection Authority in Madrid
declared on Saturaday, that there was an "incident" in a steel mill near
Cadiz at this time with Cesium-137."

Can anyone of you confirm this? Are there more press releases?

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
Austria
Tel.: +43-1-495 53 08
Fax.: same number
mobile phone: +43-664-338 0 333
e-mail: schoenho@via.at

Office:
Federal Institute for Food Control and Research
Department of Radiochemistry
Kinderspitalg. 15
A-1095 Vienna
Austria