Re: Looking for web site address , please

In a message dated 98-06-14 17:05:37 EDT, stephane_jeanfrancois@merck.com
(Jean-Francois, Stephane) writes:

<< I'm looking for the address of that great web site about old nuclear
devices
 like that incredible foot fitting X-ray for shoemakers...>>

This site doesn't have any photos, but it has a lot of information with
references on fluoroscoping shoe customers, etc.  I'd be interested in the
address for the site, too. Please post it if no one else does.  Thanks.

http://www.ratical.com/radiation/CNR/PBC/chp27.html
----------------------
CHAPTER 27
 Yes, We Do Have Your Size:   Shoe-Fitters and Breast Irradiation

 Part 1.   Shoe-Store Fluoroscopy:
 Enjoyed by Children Almost Everywhere

Two remarkably interesting papers appeared in the New England Journal of
Medicine, back to back, in September 1949. We might have anticipated them
without surprise in 1929, or in 1939. But they appeared in 1949. Both are
well-written and impart quite useful information --- albeit a little late,
which is no fault of the authors of the papers.
Also, fyi, a fascinating article on "The First Nuclear Industry" by Edward R.
Landa (Scientific American, Nov 1982, pp. 180-193) described the radium
industry through the 1930s.

Good luck!

Glenn
gacmail98@aol.com