Background on Epidemiology Studies

Good afternoon, everyone.

I need some background regarding epidemiology studies.

It is my understanding that most (if not all) of the epidemiology on
radiation is based on mortality studies (i.e., "who died of what").

Can anyone direct me to any studies where radiation exposure was studied
and morbidity (i.e., "got sick but didn't die") was the basis of the
epidemiology.  I'd prefer material that has been peer reviewed, but would
be interested in anything reasonably reputable.

Thanks,

Jim Barnes, CHP
Radiation Safety Officer
Rocketdyne / Boeing