Detection of neutrons -Reply

Dennis,
  I do not know of a single instrument that responds accurately to both
radiations, but a nice neutron instrument is the REM 500 made by Health Physics
Instruments division of Far West Technology.  The instrument uses a Rossi-type,
tissue equivalent proportional detector coupled to a 256 channel MCA which
applies quality factors IAW ICRP guidance.  It is somewhat shock sensitive, but
it can read out in exposure rate or accumulated dose.  We use then here at
Millstone.  Their # is (805) 967-8422.
Anthony F. (Tony) Armagno
Northeast Utilities Millstone Station
Tele: (860) 437-2519
E-Mail: armagaf@gwsmtp.nu.com
According to Cowboy Wisdom: There's more ways to skin a cat than stickin' his
head in a boot jack and jerkin' on his tail!