another Reg Guide 8.39 impact?

NRC regulation 10 CFR 35.315 deals with the safety precautions to be taken
when giving radiopharmaceutical therapy.  It starts out saying " for each
patient ... receiving radiopharmaceutical therapy and being hospitalized for
compliance with 35.75 ...  the licensee shall"... .  Number 8 under this
heading is the need for measuring the thyroid burden of all persons involved
in that administration.  So does that then mean that if we send the patient
home in accordance with new Reg. Guide 8.39 we do not have to do thyroid
burden testing.... even for 150 mCi doses?

Shan Marlette
RSO, Marquette General Hospital
Marquette, MI
SMarlette@AOL.com