Gamma/LSC counter calibration

OK,
I got an easy one for you guys, I hope.
I am trying to calibrate my LSC and my gamma counter for Cr51
efficiency WITHOUT a Cr51 standard. In doing so,  I took
some Cr51 waste, counted it in the gamma counter, took the same
waste, counted it in the LSC, and obtained nearly the SAME results in
each counter. BUT, my Packard poster says that I should obtain ~10
times as many counts in the LSC as in the gamma.
SO, are the efficiencies of each counter the same? Do other labs get
the same result? Am I overlooking something? Please fill me in before
I send off for a standard.
You may reply to me personally in case I did something really
embarassing.

Steve G.