shipping mixed waste

     Hello,

     I'm a first time writer to radsafe so bare with me.

     I am trying to ship our stock of mixed waste that we have been
     collecting for the greater part of 12 years.  We are wanting to bulk
     what we can, but the TSDF will send back any absorbants we may use in
     the 55 gallon drum as potentially mixed contaminated waste.  I am
     wanting to know if anyone else has come across this problem, and or
     what solutions there may be.  Thanks

     Leonard Meeks
     Hazardous Materials Technician
     Oregon State University