TLD QA Programs

     I am conducting an informal survey of radiation protection personnel
     who are outsourcing their dosimetry processing (i.e., you are using a
     vendor to supply and process TLDs).  If you are looking to venture in
     this area in the future, I'd like to here from you too.  I'm
     interested in all responses as we are looking at how to improve
     our QA process.

     Question:  Do you perform additional QA on your vendor's program?
                If so, could you briefly describe the content and extent of
                the oversight.

     I'm assuming the vendor is currently NVLAP certified, has an
     established QA program and uses an accredited 3rd party tester to meet
     ANSI N13.11-1993 requirements.  Let me know if these assumptions are
     not valid for you.

     Thank you in advance!!   Jack McCarthy
     please post all responses to me at: John_McCarthy@bedison.com
     or call 508.830.8158