Re: Counting Tritium In Oil

Franz wrote, in part:
> We have used this "dilution" method for reducing the quench in the case of
> urine samples - we diluted 1 ml of urine with 7 ml of water and then added
> 12 ml of a gelforming cocktail. The efficiency was satisfactory.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Franz
>
> Franz Schoenhofer
> Federal Institute for Food Control and Research
> Department for Radiochemistry and Radioactivity of Food
> Kinderspitalg. 15
> A-1095 Vienna
> AUSTRIA
> tel.: +43-1-40491-520
> fax.: +43-1-40491-540

Good Morning Franz,

It seems that a better approach would have been to add 1 ml of urine to
19 ml of cocktail. It seems to me that the quench would be the same
(approximately), but the counting efficiency would be somewhat better.

Best regards,
Wes
--
Wesley R. Van Pelt, Ph.D., CIH, CHP                KF2LG
President, Van Pelt Associates, Inc.