"Low Level Radiation and Immune System Damage"

My latest package of announcements on new publications includes notice of a
book by Joseph Mangano "Low Level Radiation and Immune System Damage" due
for September release. The notice indicates that this text establishes "an
undeniable connection between the nuclear buildup of the past and the wide
spread health problems seen today" and "Mangano's research findings
emphasize a direct link between nuclear exposure and immune system
deficiency". The flyer includes praise for Mangano's work from Glenn
Alcalay who is identifed as a memeber of the Suffolk County Legislative
Task Force on Environmental Contamination at Brookhaven National
Laboratory.

Can't complain about works like this getting published, regardless of the
accuracy, but the publisher in this case is Lewis Publishers, a Division of
CRC. Isn't this a monumental lapse in publishing judgement? They otherwise
publish some of the most respected titles in safety and industrial hygiene
and it seems to me that they damage the credibility of all of their titles
when they provide a forum to Mangano.

Andrew Mattox, CSP
Environmental Health and Safety Manager
Marine Biological Laboratory