Re: Activists up in arms over nuclear chocolate- "Atomic Fireballs"

>Monday June 29 8:07 AM EDT
>
>Activists up in arms over nuclear chocolate
>
>By Nick Madigan
>
>HOLLYWOOD (Variety) - A new candy bar tied in with the upcoming
>
>"I find this very, very offensive," Rubin said. "The nuclear issue is
really serious,
>especially now."
>
>The marketing for the candy bar is "tasteless," said Polly Perlman,
>environmental chairwoman of the Women's Intl. League for
>Peace & Freedom, L.A. chapter

As a child in the 1950s I remember buying a spicy slightly, less than a
quarter sized hard gumball like  red colored candy called an "Atomic
Fireball". I was recently at a pre-school graduation for my 4 year old, and
they were still passing out "Atomic Fireball" candy. Atomic Fireball candies
haven't changed a bit in 40 years.

Why has the marketing of these tongue burning candies not offended nuclear
activists over the past 40 years as tasteless and desensitizing?

Stewart Farber, MS Public Health
19 Stuart St.
Pawtucket, RI 02860

Phone: (401) 727-4947   Fax: (401) 727-2032   E-mail: radproject@usa.net