Re: "Low Level Radiation and Immune System Damage"

June 30, 1998
Davis, CA

I too am depressed to see the announcement by Lewis Publishers (2000
Corporate Blvd, NW, Boca Raton, FL 33431 561-994-0555) of the book "Low
Level Radiation and Immune System Damage" by Joseph J. Mangano, Catalogue
No. L1334, August 1998, 224 pp., ISBN: 1-56670-334-4, $49.95. This book is
said to show that "Radioactive emissions caused by above-ground atomic bomb
testing, nuclear weapons, and power plants continue to affect the "Baby
Boom" generation of the mid-1940s to mid-1960s..." and "...to correlate the
rise of the atomic era with the breakdown of immune systems."

This nonsense is rejectable on the basis of dosimetry alone. It is a shame
that we have to waste energy combating this stuff, but we can't ignore it.

It may be helpful to complain now to Lewis Publishers about the publication
of this junk science.

Otto