Re: Rad Waste Disposal

Renee,
Your broker is correct. ATG ( a competitor) has some major strengths
appropriate to your potential waste streams that should encourage your pursuit
of their services. Their Safglas process (vitrification) is one major process
you should consider.
Envirocare burial charges are one third of those at Barnwell. If your wastes
meet their criteria, go there.
Philotechnics, a broker in Oak Ridge, TN, works very closely with ATG, and I
understand they offer better pricing than GTS/Duratek (the former SEG.) I don't
have Philotechnics number available, directory assistance for area code 423 can
give it to you. Ask for Andy Armbrust or Don Hartje. Tell them that Walt says
hello.
If you wish, I can be contacted at (215) 953-1995, the regional office for
USEcology, also a broker.