Re: Rad Waste Disposal

Renee,

The University of Toledo (Toledo,  Ohio) just completed a radwaste disposal.
Our broker was Philotechnics... the processor was ATG (vitrification)... and
the final resting place is Envirocare.  The original  cost estimate based on
our research for 74 drums was over $1000 per drum.... including all
transportation, processing,  disposal,  etc.... the final cost ended up being
@$500 per drum (100lb. average per drum- all H3 and C14 contaminated solid
waste).  I was extremely pleased with the whole process....

Robyn Charney
University of Toledo
Office of Safety and Health
(419)530-1458