Sanitary Sewer Disposal Woes

Dear Correspondents:

I'm looking for information regarding the contamination of the Southerly
Wastewater Treatment Plant of the Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer
District. Apparently there was litigation and a cost recovery action by
the Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District against a company which
discharged cobalt-60 into the sanitary sewer.  I'm also interested in
any practical experiences by research facilities with sanitary sewer
disposal (-not- related to human diagnostic or therapeutic procedures
using radionuclides). I'm familiar with the NRC regs and aware of the
recent concern and publication by NRC regarding potentially significant
problems involving reconcentration of radionuclides released to sanitary
sewage system. If you prefer, please correspond with me directly at my
e-mail address below. Cheers and thanks in advance,

Bob May
RadCon manager
Jefferson Lab
12000 Jefferson Avenue