UFOs

I hesitate to raise this issue but..

The latest issue of Popular Mechanics (July 98) has an article dealing
with UFOs.  This article discusses a couple of sightings in Bentwaters
England near a US Air Force base. The Ministry of Defense report
apparently "revealed radiation levels 25 times higher than normal
background levels in soil and trees surrounding the landing site"

The article also notes that  elevated radiation levels were  found in the
area a UFO appeared tp touch down near Hillsdale MI.

I'm inclined to compile data for an article on residual radioactivity
associated with UFOs.

Has anyone any info they would like to share on radioactivity/radiation
associated with these or similar incidents?

As an aside,  a local guy in Tennessee built a flying saucer in his garage
and used a Na-22 check source to power his antimatter drive. And
saucers were spotted here (over Oak Ridge) in the late 40s or early 50s.

And yes, I do have more productive ways to spend my time ;-)

Regards

Paul Frame
Professional Training Programs
ORAU