Brachytherapy seeds to be flushed into WC ?

Dear Radsafers,

I have just heard that some hospitals in the U.K instruct their brachythrapy
patients to flush down the WC any loose seed found at home.

Does anyone know if the regulations in the UK or in other countries allow it ?

We, in Israel, instruct our patients to contact the physics dept of the
hospital in such cases and never allow to flush it down the WC.

Comments invited.

Thanks,

Moshe Levita
Chief Radition Executive
Ministry of Health
Israel

: Moshe Levita <mlevita@.netvision.net.il>             :
: 07/10/98 00:53:49   ICQ = 523720                     :
: This message was sent by Z-Mail Pro - from NetManage :