Begging for bucks or a real problem??? (Mayak)

Mayak etc,

Check out http://delta.ch70.chel.su/region/sled/
as an introduction.
Becquerels of cesium and strontium:
Total released to the Mayak area: 8900 PBq.

For comparison:
1. Total from all atmospheric bomb tests: 1550 Bq.
2. Chernobyl: 70 PBq.
3. Sellafield: 47 PBq.

See also the June issue 1998 of Health Physics, Kryshev et al.
pp.687-

Best regards,

bjorn_cedervall@hotmail.com
Depts. Medical Radiation Biology and Medical Radiation Physics,
Karolinska Institutet, Box 260,
S-171 76 Stockholm,
Sweden

PS & BTW: I must have missed the previous message about Mayak
that you (Phil) had in your text.