Re: Expert Harold R. Denton -Reply

At 13:39 20.07.1998 -0500, you wrote:
>Franz,
>
>I cannot tell you anything about Mr. Kromp, but Harold Denton is well
known and
>respected in the US.  He retired some years ago from his position as senior
>manager in the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission's Office of Nuclear Reactor
>Regulation.   Harold  Denton is not a health physicist (and I doubt that
he would
>claim to be) but he certainly knows about the regulation of nuclear power
plants, at
>least from the US perspective.
>
>Charlie Willis
>caw@nrc.gov

Thanks, Charlie. I have only received positive information and I am really
happy that at least one real expert was on that committee. We have very bad
experience with "experts" - even chemistry technicians have been addressed
by the media as "reactor experts" - simply because they worked for Greenpeace.

In the meantime I have been informed that the report about the nuclear
power plant of Mochovce was not at all as negative as the mass media
claimed. Maybe this was also due to the expertise of Harold Denton? I have
tried to retrieve the report from the internet - where it was said to be
available, but I could not load it down.

Mr. Kromp has worked as a solid state physicist at university. He is a well
known anti-nuclear and makes a lot of money with it. And he became head of
a socalled "Institute for Risk Research", which is a militant anti-nuclear
institution but is supported by the government and the university with
obviously tremendous amounts of money. Instead of the former "Reactor
commission" a so called "Forum for Nuclear Issues" has been founded by our
chancellery, which consists of all kind of representatives of "green
groups", "citizen movements", "concerned citizens", "independent
scientists" etc. Only a few real scientists have been called to this
"Forum", but they are a helpless minority. The "Atominstitute of the
Austrian Universities" did refuse to delegate a representative. This
"Forum" is well stocked with funds and millions of dollars are distributed
for "research" between the members.

So, I hope that everybody now understands why I asked about the expertise
of Harold Denton.

Franz
Franz Schoenhofer
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
Austria
Tel.: +43-1-495 53 08
Fax.: same number
mobile phone: +43-664-338 0 333
e-mail: schoenho@via.at

Office:
Federal Institute for Food Control and Research
Department of Radiochemistry
Kinderspitalg. 15
A-1095 Vienna
Austria