RE: philosophical curiosity in a long summer afternoon

Any power production releases thermal energy.  I don't see it mattering
whether the original source was a supernova or that big fusion reactor 1
A.U. away whose previous energy input to Terra has been stored up as
fossil organics. ("Oil, that is. Black Gold. Texas Tea." L. Flatt & E.
Scruggs)

Equilibrium?  Tell that one to the wooly mammoths.

Dave Neil
neildm@id.doe.gov