Re[2]: Generally Licensed Po-210 Static Eliminators -Reply

     Joel,

     Nice common sense answer!!! We continue to rail against the LNT,
     over-regulation, etc... and then we turn around and want to train
     people and dispose of something that the regulatory agencies have
     determined doesn't need this type of controls. Why??? If it's
     generally licensed and it's legal to dispose of as plain old trash,
     why not do that?

     As an aside, I surveyed my Coleman lantern many years ago (a real
     "geeky" thing to do, but then I am an HP) and it's got several
     thousand dpm smearable inside. I don't dispose of the old mantles as
     radwaste, and so far my family has resisted radworker training. ;-)

     Steven D. Rima, CHP
     Manager, Health Physics and Industrial Hygiene
     MACTEC-ERS, LLC
     steven.rima@doegjpo.com